Simple, delicious no-bake vegan gingerbread oat fudge bars with a date, oat, pecan, and molasses spice base and two-ingredient fudge filling!
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecan halves
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 packed cup soft, pitted Medjool dates (about 15 dates)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, softened
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the hard layer of cream that separates from the water in a can of coconut milk or coconut cream that’s been refrigerated overnight)
1. Make the crust: Place the pecans and oats in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they smell toasted, five minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes, then transfer into a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Process into a meal.
2. Add the dates, coconut oil, molasses, spices, and salt. Process until a dough that sticks together when pressed between your fingers forms. Crumble 1 cup of the dough into a measuring cup to use for the topping.
3. Line a 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Crumble the remaining dough into the dish and press firmly into an even layer.
4. Combine the chocolate chips and coconut cream in a small saucepan. Melt over low heat, whisking occasionally, until smooth and uniform. Pour over the base layer and smooth out. Top with the remaining cup of dough.
5. Transfer into the freezer and freeze for three hours. Remove from the pan and slice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freeze Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: vegan gingerbread oat fudge bars recipe