These colourful vegan wraps are filled with crispy baked tofu, hummus, cashew caesar dressing, shredded beets and carrots, arugula, and avocado.
- 450 grams organic firm or extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch or corn starch
Cashew Caesar Dressing
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in cold water for at least 4 hours or boiling water for at least 45 minutes)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup filtered water, plus more as needed
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 large handfuls arugula or spinach
- 1 large or 2 small beet(s), peeled and grated
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 12 tablespoons hummus (3 tablespoons per wrap)
- Start with the tofu: Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line one large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the tofu in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, tamari, barbecue sauce, and starch. Pour over the tofu and toss to coat. Transfer onto the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until brown and crispy.
- Make the cashew caesar dressing: In a blender, combine the cashews, lemon juice and zest, Worcestershire sauce, capers, garlic, maple syrup, mustard, olive oil, salt, and water in a blender. Blend until smooth. If too thick to blend, add another tablespoon of two of water. Note that the dressing should be on the thicker side, however.
- Assemble the wraps: Spread a few tablespoons of hummus over each tortilla. Top with tofu, beets, carrots, arugula, dressing, and avocado. Wrap and serve!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Course
Keywords: vegan tofu caesar vegetable wraps recipe