These wholesome vegan zucchini oatmeal breakfast bars are simple to prepare, free from refined sugar, and satisfying. They are perfect at breakfast with a glass of your favourite type of milk or a bowl of yogurt and berries.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup soft pitted Medjool dates (soak them beforehand if they are dried out)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 2 large ripe bananas, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup grated zucchini (liquid squeezed out before measuring)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 8×8-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper. Leave enough overhang to facilitate easy removal later.
- Combine 2 cups of the oats and almonds in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Process into a coarse meal. Next, add the dates, coconut oil, bananas, chia, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and almond milk. Process until a thick batter forms and everything is almost smooth. (Some texture is desirable.) Add the zucchini, remaining 1/2 cup of oats, and chocolate chips and pulse a few times to incorporate and break up the zucchini into even smaller pieces.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool in the pan, then transfer the square onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice into 9 squares and enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan zucchini almond oatmeal breakfast bars