Easy, healthy no-bake vegan brownies that make the perfect snack or dessert!
- 1 cup raw walnut halves
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup soft, fresh pitted Medjool dates (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- Make the brownie: Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving plenty of overhang so that you can easily lift the brownie out of the pan later.
- In a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade, grind the walnuts and oats into a meal. Add the dates, sunflower seed butter, salt, vanilla, cocoa, and coconut. Process until the mixture comes together into one uniform dough. If needed, add a tablespoon or two of water or non-dairy milk to help it along. Finally, add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Crumble into the prepared loaf pan and press down firmly to compact it all together.
- Make the chocolate topping: Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, whisk in the cocoa, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and a small pinch of salt. Pour over the brownie in the pan.
- Transfer onto an even surface in the freezer and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before removing from the pan. Run a sharp knife under hot water for 10 seconds so that it slices through the frozen brownie more easily. Slice into 12 to 16 squares.
- Store the brownie in the fridge or freezer.
- Category: Dessert