Sharing another wholesome salad recipe to enjoy on warm summer days: Greek Quinoa Salad Stuffed Avocados are packed with protein, fibre, healthy fat, and flavour. The perfect way to use beautiful farm fresh organic vegetables in a whole new way, with quinoa, chickpeas, feta, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, herbs, and tangy dressing.
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 14-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Big handful each fresh mint and dill, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chop (drain oil before measuring)
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts in brine, quartered (drain before measuring)
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas or chopped almonds
- 100 grams feta cheese, diced small
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large organic lemon (about 1/4 cup of juice)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Avocados (1/2 an avocado per person)
- Hummus (see notes section for my recipe)
- Cook the quinoa: Combine the quinoa, water, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, stir, and cover. Cook for fifteen minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Make the dressing: Combine the oil, lemon zest and juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and honey in a jar. Secure the lid and shake to combine.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, make the salad: Add the quinoa, chickpeas, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, dill, mint, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes, red onion, spinach, pepitas, and feta to a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss.
- Assemble the stuffed avocados: Slice the avocados in half and scoop out the pits. Use a big spoon to carefully scoop out entire avocado halves. Place on a serving platter. Top each half with some of the quinoa salad. Dollop some hummus on the platter, too. Serve the stuffed avocados with pita and additional quinoa salad.
Pepita Herb Hummus recipe: In a food processor, grind 1/3 cup roasted pepitas and 2 garlic cloves into a coarse meal. Add 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, 1/4-1/3 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste, and a big handful of fresh herbs (I used parsley and basil). Blend until smooth, adding a splash of water, if needed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek quinoa salad stuffed avocados