This Smoky Roasted Chickpea + Corn Mixed Green Salad with Creamy Jalapeño Basil Goddess Dressing is the ultimate summer salad. Smoky roasted chickpeas and corn, cucumber, pickled radishes, and avocado are served atop a bed of mixed greens with creamy jalapeño, cilantro, and basil dressing.
Quick Pickled Radishes
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or cane sugar
Smoky Roasted Chickpeas and Corn
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup corn kernels (thawed if frozen and organic if possible)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Creamy jalapeño Herb Dressing (Makes Extra)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 lightly packed cup fresh cilantro, some stems are okay
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Up to 1/4 cup water, as needed
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Make the quick pickled radishes: Place the sliced radishes in a heatproof 16-oz glass jar. In a small saucepan, combine the water, apple cider vinegar, salt, and syrup or sugar. Bring to a low boil and pour over the radishes. Set aside for 30 minutes to pickle, or allow to cool slightly before securing the lid and refrigerating for up to 4 days.
- Make the smoky roasted chickpeas and corn: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the chickpeas and corn in the middle of a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Toss to coat. Roast for 25 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Make the creamy jalapeño herb dressing: Place the Greek yogurt, lime juice, pepitas, jalapeño, salt, pepper, honey, garlic, cilantro, and basil in a blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth, adding up to 1/4 cup of water to thin out. Pour into a jar until ready to serve.
- Assemble the salad: Divide the mixed greens between bowls. Top with the roasted chickpeas and corn, quick pickled radishes, cucumber, green onion, avocado, additional pepitas, and the dressing. EAT!
Make it vegan: Use non-dairy yogurt instead of Greek yogurt.
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
Keywords: smoky roasted chickpea and corn salad with creamy jalapeño goddess dressing