Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats with Coconut Oil Freezer Fudge: A healthy and fun breakfast with oats, chia, yogurt, maple syrup, banana, walnuts, and easy small batch homemade freezer fudge. Trust me: These overnight oats will make you excited to jump out of bed in the morning!
- 1 cup organic whole milk yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice, I used unsweetened almond
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Small pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 3 tablespoons walnut halves, toasted if desired and chopped
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, milk, oats, chia, and maple syrup, if using. Transfer into a glass jar or container, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the fudge, place the coconut oil in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Once melted, whisk in the maple syrup, sunflower seed butter, cocoa, salt, and vanilla. Line a small square or rectangular dish (mine was a glass food storage container measuring 3×3 inches) with parchment paper, with overhang so you can lift it out easily once it’s ready. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the prepared dish, cover, and place in the freezer overnight.
- In the morning, divide the overnight oats between two bowls or jars. Remove the fudge from the freezer and slice into small squares. Garnish your bowls with the fudge, sliced banana, walnuts, and berries. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: healthy Chunky Monkey overnight oats