Easy and healthy plant-based Italian sausage and white bean pesto hummus wraps make for a great casual summer meal.
white bean pesto hummus (makes extra)
- 2–3 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 heaping cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 2 good sized lemons (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cooked navy beans (or 2 14-oz cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Water, as needed to thin
- 1 pound (454 grams) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 Beyond Meat Spicy Italian sausages or other vegan Italian sausages, cooked and sliced (see note)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Arugula or spinach
- Make the white bean pesto hummus: Place the garlic in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade and process until minced. Add the pepitas and process until coarsely ground. Next, add the basil, olive oil, lemon juice, white beans, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Process until very smooth and creamy, adding a splash or two of water if it’s too thick for your liking. Taste and season with additional salt, if desired.
- Make the bruschetta: Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, balsamic, salt, pepper, feta, and olives in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Prepare the wraps: Spread a generous amount of the white bean pesto hummus down the middle of a tortilla. Top with arugula, bruschetta, and sliced vegan sausages. Wrap up and eat!
- And that’s it! This is a nice, simple recipe that lends itself well to lazy summer days when you just don’t feel like cooking a lot, yet you still want a tasty, fun meal with seasonal veggies and herbs.
Cooking instructions can be found on the package; I cooked mine in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop for a total of 10 minutes.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Beyond Italian Sausage wrap, white bean pesto hummus recipe