These vegan ginger cookies with mango banana soft serve are the perfect warm weather treat! You’ll love the crisp, warmly spiced vegan ginger crinkle cookies contrasting with the creamy mango banana soft serve.
Vegan Ginger Cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 2.5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup light spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cane sugar, for rolling
Mango Banana Soft Serve
- 2 large frozen bananas (peeled before freezing), roughly chopped
- 1 cup diced, peeled frozen mango
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Start by making the cookies. In a large bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water. Wait a couple of minutes, until it thickens. Next, add the softened coconut oil, nut or seed butter, cane sugar, brown sugar, molasses, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. The dough will be quite soft, but not sticky, and you should be able to roll it into balls without it sticking to your hands. If the dough seems too sticky, add a couple more tablespoons of light spelt flour.
- Place some cane sugar in a bowl. Roll the dough into golf ball-sized balls and then roll each one in the sugar, turning to evenly coat. Place each ball on the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space in between each one so that the cookies can spread out. Do not flatten; they spread out on their own as they bake.
- Bake the cookies for 10-11 minutes and let them sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes to firm up before carefully removing them from the pans using a metal spatula and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make the mango banana soft serve, place the bananas and mango in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Process until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer into an airtight container and place in the freezer to firm up.
- Enjoy a scoop of soft serve alongside the cookies, or make ice cream sandwiches once you’ve let the soft serve firm up in the freezer for awhile.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: vegan ginger cookie ice cream sandwiches