Warm roasted mushroom, pear, walnut and avocado spinach salad: Roasted crimini mushrooms and red onion are tossed with spinach, walnuts, avocado, pear, and tangy balsamic vinaigrette in this irresistible and wholesome vegan salad.
- 5 cups crimini mushrooms, scrubbed clean with a damp cloth and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 packed cups chopped kale or spinach (from 1 large bunch)
- 1/3 cup walnut halves, roasted if desired
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the quartered mushrooms and red onion in the centre of a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and add a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat and spread out in an even layer. Roast for 17-20 minutes.
- Make the dressing: Combine the oil, balsamic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, maple syrup, and dijon mustard in a jar. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- Meanwhile, make the rest of the salad: Place the chopped spinach (no need to chop if using baby spinach) or kale in a large bowl. Add the still warm roasted mushrooms and onion. This will cause the spinach or kale to wilt slightly. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of the dressing and toss to coat. Top with walnuts, avocado, and pears (you can reserve some for garnishing individual servings if you like). Toss again and plate. Serve with additional dressing, as desired.
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: roasted mushroom spinach walnut pear salad with avocado