The ultimate crispy baked fries: The perfect accompaniment to virtually any meal, especially veggie burgers. Seasoned with smoked paprika, garlic powder, and rosemary, these come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside thanks to the addition of arrowroot starch.
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and dried (organic if possible)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive, avocado, or grapeseed oil
- Big pinch of fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, oregano, or rosemary
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line one large or 2 medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise into four pieces, then slice each piece into 2-3 matchsticks, so that you have 10-12 fries from each potato.
- Place in a large bowl and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and arrowroot starch. Toss to coat.
- Place in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet(s). Ensure that they are not over-crowded; otherwise, they won’t crisp up.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway, until browned all over and fork tender.
- Enjoy with aioli and/or ketchup.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crispy baked fries healthy