- 2 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup soft, pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 100 grams chopped dark chocolate (50%-70% cacao content) OR 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan marshmallows (such as Dandies)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang to allow you to easily lift the bar out of the pan after.
- Place the rolled oats in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Process into a coarse flour.
- Add the almonds and process again until the almonds are ground.
- Add the pitted dates, sea salt, coconut oil, coconut, chia, maple syrup, and water. Process until the mixture sticks together easily when pressed between your fingers. Add another tablespoon of water, if needed, to help it along.
- Crumble 1 cup of this mixture into a measuring cup and set aside.
- Crumble the remaining mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press down into the bottom to form a firmly packed, even crust.
- Sprinkle the chopped dark chocolate over the crust, followed by the marshmallows. Lightly press down.
- Finally, scatter the reserved 1 cup of crust over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the marshmallows and top crust are lightly browned.
- Let the bar cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes before lifting out of the pan. You can slice it now, though the longer it sits, the less delicate it will become. I sliced it into 12 squares.
- You can warm up individual squares at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes if you want a nice warm s’mores bar anytime. 🙂
Store s’mores bars in an airtight container for several days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan s'mores bars, gluten-free s'mores bars, oil-free s'mores bars