This vegan spinach and artichoke white bean dip is a delightfully creamy variation on classic spinach artichoke dip. It’s healthy, lightened-up version that’s dairy-free and nut-free!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 cups cooked white beans (or 2 14-oz was, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 4 packed cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 can (400 grams) artichoke hearts in brine, well drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan, made with any nut or seed you like
- Warm 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large (preferably oven-safe) skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is light brown in colour and very fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the non-dairy milk, white beans, cooked garlic, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, arrowroot, and lemon juice to an upright blender. Blend until very smooth. Taste and season with additional salt, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast, if needed. It should taste quite salty, tangy, and “cheesy.”
- Warm the remaining oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until just until bright green. Add the chopped artichoke hearts.
- Pour the white bean cream over the spinach and artichokes and lightly stir to incorporate. Sprinkle the vegan parmesan over top. Note: If not using an oven-safe skillet, transfer the spinach and artichokes into a 9-inch square baking dish or pie plate before pouring the white bean cream over top. Then sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serve with a selection of vegetables, chips, crackers, and sliced baguette.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white bean spinach artichoke dip vegan