This vegan eggnog latte (or as I call it, the nut nog latte) is a creamy blend of cashews, non-dairy milk, coffee, maple syrup, and nutmeg. Reminiscent of eggnog in flavour and creaminess, we love it as an afternoon pick-me-up in our house.
- 6 tablespoons raw cashews, soaked and drained*
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or 4 shots espresso
- Combine the milk, maple syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Warm, whisking occasionally, until it’s heated to your liking. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Place the soaked cashews in an upright blender (preferably a high speed one, such as a Vitamix). Add the brewed coffee or espresso and the warmed milk mixture and blend, starting on low speed and increasing to high, until smooth.
- Wait a few seconds for the latte to settle and a layer of froth to develop on top before pouring into two mugs.
Soak the cashews in boiling water for an hour before draining and proceeding with the recipe.
- Category: Drink
Keywords: vegan eggnog latte