These vegan cauliflower parmesan bites are a wonderful way to enjoy cauliflower. Plus, they’re gluten-free and easy to make- a fun Italian spin on cauliflower wings.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into medium florets
Chickpea Flour Batter
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Warm marinara sauce
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. (That might seem high, but trust me- it works for this particular style of recipe.) It is very important to use parchment paper here- if you don’t, the cauliflower will likely stick to your baking sheets.
- Chop the cauliflower into medium florets and place in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, non-dairy milk, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper until no lumps remain.
- To make the cashew parmesan, place the cashews, nutritional yeast, salt, and garlic powder in a food processor and process for 10-15 seconds, until coarsely ground. Transfer into a flat-bottomed dish.
- To make the bites, set up an assembly line with the cauliflower, chickpea flour batter, cashew parmesan, and baking sheets lined up from left to right.
- Take a cauliflower floret and dunk it into the chickpea flour batter, coating all sides evenly. Gently shake off excess batter. Next, dip it into the cashew parmesan, rolling to coat all sides. Transfer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat step 6 with the remaining cauliflower, arranging it on the baking sheets in such a way that there is at least half an inch of space in between each piece. This ensures that it browns properly and gets nice and crispy.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, flipping at the 11-12 minute mark.
- Transfer onto a serving platter and enjoy with warmed marinara sauce.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: vegan cauliflower parmesan bites