A vegan peppermint mocha made with wholesome and healthy ingredients? Now, that’s what I’m talking about! Non-dairy milk, strong coffee, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa, dark chocolate, and peppermint extract are blended to creamy perfection in this blissful winter drink!
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee OR 2-3 shots of espresso
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2–1 tablespoon almond butter (I use 1 tablespoon for a super creamy and frothy drink!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 2–3 teaspoons pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon peppermint flavour, plus more to taste (I use Simply Organic brand)
- Brew coffee/espresso according to your preferred method. I use a French press.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the non-dairy milk, nut butter, cocoa, chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, maple syrup, and peppermint extract. Warm over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the coffee/espresso into an upright blender, followed by the warmed milk mixture.
- Turn on the blender. (I use a Vitamix.) I like to leave a little space for steam to escape from the lid for safety reasons. Start at low speed and gradually increase to high. Blend for about 15 seconds. Turn off the blender and allow a layer of foam to settle on top. (You can also taste it at this point to see if it’s minty enough for you.)
- Pour into one large mug or two small mugs and garnish with coconut whipped cream, crushed candy canes, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup, if desired.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan peppermint mocha, dairy-free peppermint mocha