These peanut butter and honey rice crispy squares with chocolate are the perfect simple, healthy treat! Made with a handful of pantry ingredients, you can whip up a batch whenever the craving strikes.
- 4 1/2 cups brown rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup organic butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt (if using unsalted peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cacao butter (you can sub coconut oil in a pinch!)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- MAKE THE SQUARES: Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl. Line a 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper with enough overhang to allow you to lift out the square once it’s ready.
- Melt the honey, peanut butter, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking often. Once melted, mix in the vanilla and salt, if using. Pour over the cereal in the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- MAKE THE RAW CHOCOLATE TOPPING: Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and pour over the square.
- Freeze until firm- at least 4 hours- and slice into squares. (I recommend running a sharp knife under hot water for about 20 seconds first to aid in slicing.) I found 16 squares to be the perfect size!
- Store the squares in an airtight container in the freezer. They won’t last long!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: peanut butter and honey rice crispy squares