These vegan chocolate hazelnut butter cups are an absolute dream. Easy to make and rich in antioxidants, with a hazelnut butter and maple filling, you’ll fall head over heels for these treats.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Line a standard muffin tin with 8 paper liners. Alternatively, line a mini muffin tin with 16 mini paper liners.
- Stir together the hazelnut butter, oat flour, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a bowl. Roll this mixture into 8 equal balls (or 16, if using mini cups) and set on a plate.
- Add 2 teaspoons (10 mL) of melted chocolate to the bottom of each muffin cup (or 1 teaspoon if using small cups). Lightly flatten each hazelnut butter ball into a disc that fits the muffin cup and place on top of the melted chocolate already in the muffin cup.
- Add 1 tbsp of melted chocolate on top of each hazelnut butter circle (or 1/2 tbsp if using mini cups).
- Transfer the pan into the freezer and freeze the chocolate hazelnut butter cups until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Transfer into an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Use any nut or seed butter you like if you don’t have hazelnut butter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Freeze
Keywords: vegan chocolate hazelnut butter cups