Delicious and HEALTHY vegan cheesecakes with date walnut crust and mango cashew filling!
- 3/4 cup raw walnut halves
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 soft pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
MANGO CASHEW FILLING
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained*
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced mango (from 1/2 of a large mango)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric (this is for colour- you don’t taste it!)
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- MAKE THE CRUST: Add the walnuts, coconut, dates, ginger, salt, and coconut oil to a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Process until crumbly and the mixture holds together easily.
- Line a muffin tin with 6 paper cups. Divide the walnut date mixture between the cups and press down firmly into the bottoms of the cups.
- MAKE THE MANGO CASHEW FILLING: Add soaked cashews, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, coconut oil, lemon juice, mango, cardamom, and turmeric to an upright blender. (I recommend a powerful blender, such as a Vitamix or Blendtec, for best results.) Blend until ultra smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as needed. This will take a couple of minutes, so protect your ears and be patient!
- Pour the mango cashew filling over the crusts.
- Transfer the muffin pan into the freezer and freeze until firm, at least two hours.
- Remove cheesecakes from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving to allow them to soften, if desired.
- Store any leftover cheesecakes in an airtight container in the freezer.
*Raw cashews need to be soaked before blending. You can soak them in cold water for 8 hours, but I prefer the quick soak method: Soak in boiling water for 1 hour, drain, and proceed with the recipe.
Feel free to double the recipe if you would like a larger batch.
You can also make this into one standard round cheesecake by doubling the recipe. You will need to allow the cheesecake to chill in the freezer for 4 hours.
Prep time indicated does not include the 2 hours in the freezer.