These vegan, gluten-free chocolate chip hazelnut oat bars are simply delicious! A generous amount of hazelnut butter is mixed with oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and chocolate chips for a wholesome treat.
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a square baking dish (8×8-inch) with parchment paper for easy lift out.
- Mix the ground flax with the water in a large mixing bowl. Wait a couple of minutes for it to thicken before adding the hazelnut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Then, one by one, add the baking soda, salt, oat flour, oats, and chocolate chips, mixing after each addition.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the bar cool in the pan for 30 minutes before lifting out and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Slice into 9-12 squares and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container, either at room temperature for a softer bar or in the fridge for a firmer bar.
*You can easily make oat flour in your food processor! Just grind large flake rolled oats until a flour-like texture forms.
No hazelnut butter? Any nut or seed butter will work here. Try peanut, cashew, almond, or sunflower seed butter, or even tahini!
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: vegan chocolate hazelnut oat bars, gluten-free hazelnut oat chocolate chip bars