These vegan tahini banana chai oatmeal bars are gluten-free and nut-free, too. Made without any refined sugar and packed with fibre, protein, and healthy fat, they’re a great snack and a healthy alternative to store-bought energy bars.
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or up to 1/4 cup if you like a sweeter bar)
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried fruit of choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao butter or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Stir in the tahini, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, coconut sugar, flax, rolled oats, salt, and dried fruit.
- Transfer to the batter to the prepared dish. Use a spatula to push the batter to the edges and smooth out the top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the bar cool in the pan for 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into 16-20 rectangular bars.
- If making the glaze, melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the tahini, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Remove from heat and drizzle over the bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for longer.
Not a fan of tahini? You can use any other nut or seed butter instead, such as almond, sunflower, cashew, or hazelnut butter.
- Category: Snack, Breakfast, Gluten-Free
Keywords: vegan oatmeal banana energy bars, vegan banana chai oatmeal bars