This high protein Mediterranean tofu scramble is really simple to make with just a handful of ingredients: tofu, vegetables, nutritional yeast, capers, olives, and herbs! Ultra flavourful and satisfying, it’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 block (450 grams) firm or extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pitted olives (green or Kalamata), chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Hemp Cashew Parmesan, for garnish (optional)
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the pepper, oregano, basil, and chili flakes, followed by the zucchini. Cook the zucchini for a couple of minutes before adding the tofu. Cook until the tofu is lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, followed by tomatoes, capers, and olives. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. I sometimes add a couple tablespoons of lemon juice at the end for some additional brightness.
- Category: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean tofu scramble