These little vegan sweet potato quinoa cakes pack a powerful punch, and are a tasty addition to any meal! They are made with less than 10 ingredients and served with lemon dill tahini sauce.
SWEET POTATO QUINOA CAKES
- 4 cups peeled and diced sweet potato (1/2-inch dice, from about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 1 /2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed through a fine mesh sieve and drained
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 20 twists freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
LEMON DILL TAHINI SAUCE
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 1/2 big lemons)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh dill
- MAKE THE SWEET POTATO QUINOA CAKES: Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Steam or boil for 15-20 minutes, until fork tender.
- At the same time, cook the quinoa: Place 2 1/2 cups of water in a pot. Add the rinsed quinoa and a big pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Place the cooked sweet potato in a large bowl and mash well. Add the cooked quinoa, oat flour, flax, salt pepper, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the mixture into 26 small patties, placing each one on the baking sheet as you go. Bake for 25 minutes.
- MAKE THE LEMON DILL TAHINI SAUCE: Combine the tahini, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, sea salt, pepper, maple syrup, and water in an upright blender. Blend until smooth. Add the dill and blend just until incorporated.
- Serve the cakes with the lemon dill tahini sauce, along with whichever other dishes you enjoy.
- Category: Side Dish, Appetizer, Lunch, Supper
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: vegan sweet potato quinoa cakes, baked sweet potato quinoa fritters