This smoky roasted carrot white bean hummus is easy to make but fancier than classic hummus. White beans blend up to creamy bliss, and the combination of roasted carrots and smoked paprika gives it a sweet and smoky flavour.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled if desired and chopped into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans (such as cannellini or navy), or 1 14-oz can, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Roasted carrots from above
- Water, as needed to thin the hummus to your liking
- ROAST THE CARROTS: Place the chopped carrots in a small bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper. Toss to coat and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- MAKE THE HUMMUS: Place the white beans, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and roasted carrots in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add water if you would like a thinner dip. Transfer to a container and serve!
Chickpeas will also work if that’s all you have!
For a kick of heat, add cayenne or chili flakes to taste.
I like to garnish the dip with a few leaves of cilantro.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack, Side Dish, Dip
Keywords: carrot white bean hummus, roasted carrot hummus