These vegan, gluten-free chunky monkey muffins are made in one bowl! Made with oat flour, peanut butter, bananas, chocolate chips, and nuts, these one-bowl, oil-free muffins are a healthy snack option.
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1 3/4 cups mashed overripe bananas (from 3–4 bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup natural runny peanut butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a standard 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil or line it with paper cups.
- Add the flax and water to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and wait a couple of minutes for it to thicken. Next, add the mashed banana, coconut sugar, peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla to the bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Stir in the oat flour, then fold in the chocolate chips, nuts, and rolled oats.
- Evenly divide the batter between the 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of days, in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a couple of months.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan gluten-free chunky monkey muffins, oil-free peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins