This sparkling cucumber mint limeade features a homemade cucumber, lime, and mint juice base that’s topped off with sparkling water. It’s wonderfully refreshing drink with digestive health benefits!
Blender Juice Base
- 1/2 an English cucumber, diced
- 2 limes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 3/4 cup green grapes
- 1 cup filtered water
For making the drinks:
- 1 batch of the cucumber lime mint juice
- 1 litre sparkling water
- Gin, white rum, or tequila (1.5 oz per drink- optional)
- Make the blender juice: Add the cucumber, limes, mint, grapes, and water to a blender. Blend until almost smooth. Strain into a wide bowl through a fine mesh sieve or nut milk bag. Try to squeeze as much liquid out of the pulp as possible before discarding the pulp. Pour the juice into a 16-oz (500 mL) glass jar and secure the lid.
- Mix the drinks: Fill 4 glasses about halfway with ice. Fill each glass with 1 cup (250 mL) of sparkling water, followed by 1/2 cup of the juice. Top off with liquor, if using. Stir to combine, garnish each glass with a lime slice, and enjoy immediately.
While the juice can be made ahead of time, it loses its bright green colour rather quickly. For this reason, I would recommend making the juice right before you plan to enjoy the drink.
If you want just one drink, make a small batch of the juice! Use 1/8 of a cucumber, 1/2 a lime, 1/4 cup of grapes, 2 tbsp of mint, and 1/4 cup-1/3 cup of water.
I found the drinks to be plenty sweet thanks to the green grapes, but feel free to add a teaspoon of maple syrup to each drink for extra sweetness, if desired.
Keywords: cucumber mint limeade, boozy limeade