This tomato, nectarine, and cashew cheese salad is juicy, sweet, and satisfying. Tomato and nectarine wedges are topped with simple balsamic vinaigrette, cashew cheese, and fresh herbs for a simple side salad that tastes like summer.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained (see note)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp light miso or reduced sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 nectarines, sliced into wedges
- Fresh basil or parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Make the cashew cheese: Place the soaked and drained cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, miso, apple cider vinegar, and sea salt in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down sides with a spatula as needed.
- Make the vinaigrette: Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic, dijon, maple syrup, garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar, secure the lid, and shake.
- Make the salad: Arrange the tomato and nectarine wedges on a platter. Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over top. Dollop the cashew cheese over top. (You might not need all of the vinaigrette or cashew cheese.) Sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve.
Soak raw cashews in boiling water for at least 45 minutes before making the cashew cheese. This softens them and makes them easier to digest.
Any leftover vinaigrette and cashew cheese can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
Keywords: nectarine tomato salad, cashew cheese salad