You will love this spicy, smoky, creamy chipotle hummus. It’s delicious on sandwiches with tomato, avocado, and lettuce!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 14-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 canned chipotle, minced, plus 1 tbsp of the adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp-3/4 tsp fine sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired (i.e. add more salt or lemon/lime juice to taste).
Canned chipotles in adobo sauce can be found at most well-stocked grocery stores. Look in the international section. If you can’t find them, replace with 1 tsp smoked paprika and a pinch of cayenne.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip, Appetizer, Snack
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Mexican
Keywords: chipotle hummus recipe