These vegan chocolate raspberry ice cream sandwiches are the perfect beat-the-heat dessert! You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to make them, like dates, almonds, oats, bananas, and raspberries.
No-Bake Date Almond Chocolate Cookies
- 12 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup almonds (I recommend roasting first)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, if needed
- 2 tbsp almond milk, if needed
Raspberry Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream
- 3 large frozen bananas, broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk, as needed
- Place the dates, almonds, oats, cocoa, and salt in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Turn on the motor and process until everything is finely ground and the mixture begins to pull together into a ball. If the mixture doesn’t come together, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 2 tbsp of almond milk to help it along. (Whether or not you’ll need to add the coconut oil and almond milk depends on how soft and gooey your dates are.)
- Roll the mixture into 12 balls and place on a board or plate lined with parchment paper. Flatten the balls into circles.
- Rinse out the food processor and make the raspberry banana soft serve. Add the bananas, raspberries, and 1 tbsp of almond milk to a food processor and process until smooth. Pause to scrape down sides with a spatula as needed, and add 1 tbsp more almond milk if needed.
- Working quickly to prevent the soft serve from melting, divide the soft serve between 6 cookies and top with the remaining 6 cookies. Either enjoy immediately or store in the freezer in an airtight container until ready to eat. Alternatively, store the cookies and soft serve in separate containers for up to 4 hours and assemble the ice cream sandwiches right before serving. Any longer, and the soft serve will harden too much to scoop, and you’ll have to re-whip it in the food processor.
To roast almonds: Spread almonds on a baking sheet and roast at 325 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: vegan ice cream sandwiches, vegan chocolate raspberry ice cream sandwiches, no-bake vegan dessert