This vegan cashew butter freezer fudge is made with just a handful of healthy ingredients. It’s packed with healthy fat and magnesium, making it the perfect after lunch dessert or snack with a cup of iced coffee.
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup cacao powder or natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Melt the coconut butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, whisk in the chocolate chips, cashew butter, cacao powder, maple syrup, salt, and vanilla. When the maple syrup is added, the mixture will thicken quite a lot, but this is normal. Stir to incorporate and remove from the heat.
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spoon the fudge into it. If desired, you can swirl a couple spoonfuls of cashew butter on top.
- Transfer the pan into the freezer and freeze for 4 hours, or until firm.
- Run a sharp knife under hot water for 30 seconds and slice the fudge into 16 squares.
- Store the fudge in an airtight container in the freezer.
Coconut butter is made from the flesh of the coconut, whereas coconut oil is extracted through pressing the oil out of the flesh. If you can’t find coconut butter, make your own by blending 3 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
Any nut or seed butter works well in this recipe. If you don’t have cashew butter, use peanut butter, almond butter, tahini, or sunflower seed butter.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Freeze
Keywords: vegan freezer fudge, cashew butter freezer fudge, nut butter fudge