Black bean hummus that’s creamy, tangy, and flavourful. Easy to whip up, too!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (or 1 14-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seed butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp-3/4 tsp fine sea salt (to taste)
- Chili flakes, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Big handful of fresh cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the S blade and process until smooth.
You might think 1/3 cup of lime juice sounds like a lot. I love tangy, flavourful dips, so I found 1/3 cup to be perfect. However, feel free to use less if that’s what you prefer.
If you don’t have any pumpkin seed butter, sunflower seed butter and tahini also work.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: black bean hummus, vegan black bean hummus