Quick and easy vegetarian naan pizzas with pesto and roasted chickpeas.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 14 oz can)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Parsley Sunflower Seed Pesto
- 2 firmly packed cups parsley
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 naan breads or pitas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 a medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or sheep feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the chickpeas in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the spices and salt; toss to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast the chickpeas for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Make the pesto: Place all of the pesto ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Turn on the motor and add the olive oil in a steady stream through the upper tube. Process until smooth and transfer to a container.
- Assemble the pizzas: Place the naan on baking sheets- you’ll probably need two baking sheets for 4 naan. Spread 3 tbsp of the pesto on each, followed by the red pepper, red onion, olives, and feta. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is slightly browned. Garnish the cooked pizzas with roasted chickpeas.
- Category: Supper, Lunch, Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: naan pesto pizzas, vegetarian pesto pizza