This maca, almond butter, and cacao protein smoothie is the ultimate warm weather breakfast. Made with banana, almond butter, maca, cacao, avocado, flax, hemp, date, and protein powder, this is one superfood-packed smoothie.
- 1 scant cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado (from 1/4 of an avocado)
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla-flavoured protein powder (see note)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts (also called hulled hemp seeds)
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- Place all of the ingredients in an upright blender and blend until smooth.
Vanilla protein powder recommendations: I love Genuine Health Organic Fermented Vegan Protein! If you prefer an unsweetened/unflavoured protein powder, I would recommend adding a (soft) pitted Medjool date to this smoothie for additional sweetness.
I don’t usually use ice cubes in my smoothies anymore because I find they make them too watery, but feel free to add one if you like.
If you don’t have any cacao powder, you can use regular natural cocoa powder.
- Category: Smoothie, Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: maca almond butter cacao smoothie, vegan maca protein smoothie