This cauliflower walnut taco meat is our go-to meat substitute for all our vegan Mexican dishes when we’re tired of beans and lentils! It’s easy to make, low carb, and full of healthy fat and antioxidants.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup raw walnut halves
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the cauliflower, walnut halves, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and tomato paste in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture has a texture resembling that of rice or quinoa, pausing and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower walnut meat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender and the walnuts are lightly browned.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days; reheat in a low oven as needed.
- Category: Supper, Lunch
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegan taco meat, cauliflower walnut taco meat, keto friendly cauliflower taco meat