Bring this camping classic right into your kitchen by whipping up a batch of these delicious vegan peanut butter s’mores cookies! They’re oil-free, and because they’re made with oat flour, they’re also gluten-free!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup smooth, runny peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup vegan marshmallows (I recommend Dandies brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the flax and water to a large bowl. Whisk to combine and wait a couple of minutes for it to thicken.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- One by one, add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt, whisking after each addition.
- Next, stir in the oat flour, followed by the chocolate chips and marshmallows. The dough will be quite sticky, but this is normal!
- With wet hands, roll the dough into 16 balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Lightly flatten with wet fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let the cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
Any nut or seed butter should work in this recipe. The runnier the nut or seed butter, the better, though!
This recipe was adapted from my Vegan Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwich Cookies.
Keywords: vegan s'mores cookies, peanut butter oat flour cookies