Bright and colourful lentil falafel bowls with a rainbow of vegetables and a bright yellow cashew turmeric “sunshine” sauce.
- 1 batch Lentil Falafels
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 4 cups finely chopped/shredded raw cabbage
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
Cashew Sunshine Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked* and drained
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup water
- If you haven’t already made them, prepare the falafels.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato in a medium bowl and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and transfer to the baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Make the Cashew Sunshine Sauce: Place the cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, salt, turmeric, and water in a upright blender and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the falafels, roasted sweet potato, raw vegetables, and olives evenly between 4 bowls. Top with the cashew sauce.
These bowls are customizable. Not a fan of sweet potato? Feel free to roast carrots, squash, potatoes, beets, or even broccoli and red pepper, instead! Roasting times will vary depending on the vegetables you use. The same goes for raw vegetables: feel free to use lettuce or spring greens in place of the spinach, and raw vegetables of your choosing in place of the cabbage and radishes.
*Cashews can be soaked in cool water for 4-8 hours or boiling water for 45 minutes.
Add some cooked quinoa, rice, buckwheat, farro, etc. to the bowls to make them heartier!
- Category: Lunch, Supper, Bowls
- Cuisine: Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
Keywords: vegan falafel bowls, bliss bowls, vegan bliss bowls