These Vegan Snickers Energy Balls are made with a handful of healthy ingredients like rolled oats, dates, peanut butter, and dark chocolate.
- 1 packed cup pitted Medjool dates (about 12 large dates- the softer and stickier they are, the better)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter (organic if possible)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts (organic if possible)
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Place the dates, peanut butter, rolled oats, and salt in a food processor and process until the mixture starts to stick together. This might take a couple of minutes. Next, add the peanuts and pulse them in until they are chopped.
- Line a large plate or cutting board with parchment paper. Roll the dough into golf ball-sized balls.
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil together in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Carefully dunk each energy ball in the melted chocolate. You can coat the entire ball, or half the ball. I like to mix it up! Lightly shake off any excess melted chocolate and place the balls back on the parchment paper.
- Transfer the plate or cutting board to the fridge and refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, 30 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: snickers energy balls, vegan snickers energy balls, vegan peanut butter chocolate energy balls