These vegan buffalo chickpea wraps are addictive and full of flavour. Buffalo chickpeas, tangy cashew ranch, pickles, carrots, and spinach combine to make one fabulous vegan wrap that tastes totally indulgent, but is actually good for you.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (or 2 15-oz cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (I used Miyokos organic cultured vegan butter)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked* and drained
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 3 medium pickles (I used Bubbies lacto fermented pickles)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 4 large whole grain tortillas
- Make the buffalo chickpeas: Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of sea salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas. In a small saucepan, melt the vegan butter. Mix in the hot sauce and pour over the chickpeas. Cook until the chickpeas are becoming crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Make the ranch: Place the cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and water in an upright blender and blend until smooth. Add a couple more tablespoons of water to thin, if necessary. Transfer to a jar or container and stir in the chopped dill.
- Assemble the wraps: Place 1/2 cup-3/4 cup of the chickpeas down the middle of a tortilla. Top with a couple slices of pickle, a quarter of the carrots, a quarter of the avocado, a couple spoonfuls of ranch, and a small handful of spinach. Wrap and and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
*You will need to soak the cashews in cool water for 4-8 hours or in boiling water for 45 minutes to soften them.
If you’d like to skip the tortilla, you can serve everything in a baked potato or sweet potato, or in a bowl with some cooked quinoa or brown rice in place of the tortilla!
- Category: Supper
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo chickpea wraps, vegan buffalo chickpeas, vegan ranch dip