Simple, healthy, delicious oat flour banana peanut butter blueberry muffins that are made in one bowl. These kid-friendly vegan muffins are perfect for breakfast or snacks!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1 3/4 cups mashed very ripe bananas (from 3 or 4 bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth runny peanut butter (Maranatha Organic smooth peanut butter works best)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with coconut oil. Alternatively, place 12 standard sized paper muffin cups in the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground flax and water to make a flax egg. Set aside for a couple of minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Make sure that you have exactly 1 3/4 cups. Whisk in the flax egg, followed by the coconut sugar, peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and oat flour one at a time, stirring after each ingredient addition.
- Quickly fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes. Let the muffins cool before carefully removing from the pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- These muffins keep best in the refrigerator since they are so moist. In an airtight container, they should keep for about a week in the fridge, or for a couple of months in the freezer.
If you are allergic to nuts, replace the peanut butter 1/2 cup runny tahini, or with 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil or sunflower oil.
Please please PLEASE make sure that you use runny peanut butter or tahini in this recipe. I cannot guarantee that these muffins will turn out if you use thick nut or seed butter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: oat flour muffins, vegan banana peanut butter muffins, vegan oat flour muffins