These vegan pumpkin chai cranberry cookies are soft, chewy, and perfectly sweet. They taste just like a pumpkin chai latte, with the added texture of dried cranberries.
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax plus 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup light spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the ground flax and water in a large bowl and set aside for 2 minutes to gel. Then add the coconut oil, pumpkin puree, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Using a whisk, mix until very smooth.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until all of the flour is incorporated. If the dough is too wet, add 1/4 cup more light spelt flour or oat flour. Mix in the dried cranberries.
- Roll the dough into 12-16 balls, depending on the size of cookie that you like. (If you roll them into 16 balls, use 2 baking sheets and place 8 balls on each cookie sheet so that they have room to spread out.) Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet(s) and very lightly flatten with your fingers. (The cookies will spread out on their own as they bake.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let the cookies cool on the pan for 10 minutes before removing with a spatula and transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for a few days.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan pumpkin chai cookies, vegan pumpkin cookie recipe, vegan chai cranberry cookie