You might think that this is a recipe for a decadent treat, but it’s actually a healthy morning pre-workout drink with a boost from coconut oil and vegan protein powder! It boasts over 10 grams of good quality protein!
- 1 cup strong brewed hot coffee
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp natural cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vegan chocolate hazelnut spread (I use La Vida Vegan brand)
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- 1/2 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (I recommend Genuine Health Fermented Vegan Protein)
- Brew 1 cup of coffee using your desired method.
- In a small saucepan, warm together the milk, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vegan Nutella, date, and protein powder over medium heat.
- Add the coffee and milk mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. A layer of foam will develop on top as it settles.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.