Addictive vegan crispy parmesan oven fries with buffalo hummus make the perfect game day appetizer/snack!
- 4 medium organic russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and patted dry (do not peel)
- 2 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch/flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil or grapeseed oil (best for high heat roasting)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed parmesan, made with cashews instead of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 14-oz can)
- 1–2 tbsp hot sauce
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 small handful fresh parsley
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise, then into quarters, and finally into eighths.
- Place the potato slices in a large bowl and cover with ice cold water. Soak for at least one hour and drain through a colander. Pat the potato slices dry with a clean towel.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil two baking sheets.
- Rinse and dry out the bowl that you used to soak the potatoes. Place the potato slices back in the bowl and sprinkle with arrowroot. Toss to coat each and every slice with a bit of the arrowroot starch. Add the oil and toss to coat again.
- Place the potatoes in an even layer on the baking sheets. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Roast for a total of 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through to ensure even browning.
- If you haven’t yet made the cashew parmesan, now is a good time to do that.
- Return the almost cooked potatoes to the bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cashew parmesan. Toss to coat and place the potatoes back on the baking sheet.
- Place them back in the oven for 8-10 minutes more to crisp up.
- Meanwhile, make the buffalo hummus. Place the chickpeas, hot sauce, salt, garlic, oil, tahini, lemon juice, and yogurt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Blend until ultra smooth and creamy. Pulse in the parsley.
- To serve the parmesan oven fries, arrange them on a serving platter/board. Sprinkle with the chopped fresh parsley. Serve with the buffalo hummus, or quality ketchup, garlic mayo, or your favourite dipping sauce.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Vegan American
Keywords: vegan parmesan fries, vegan parmesan oven fries, vegan oven fries, buffalo hummus, vegan parmesan fries recipe, vegan super bowl recipe