Keep your glow all winter long with this comforting and healthy cauliflower, turmeric, and potato soup! It’s thick and hearty, making it perfect for cold winter nights.
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4–5 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- 20 twists freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (reduce to 1/8 tsp if you can’t handle a lot of spice!)
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into medium florets
- 6 small yellow potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (398 mL) can full fat coconut milk
- Warm the oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Add the yellow pepper and cook 2 minutes more. Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Stir in the spices, then add the cauliflower and potatoes. Cook for about 3 more minutes to slightly soften the cauliflower and potatoes.
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk. Bring the soup to a low boil, uncovered, then turn heat down to medium and cover loosely with the pot lid, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Blend the soup (in batches, if necessary) until ultra smooth and creamy. Transfer back into the pot and warm it over medium-low heat until ready to serve. Season with additional salt to taste. (See notes above recipe card for serving suggestions!)
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan, Healthy
Keywords: vegan soup recipe, vegan cauliflower and potato soup recipe, turmeric potato cauliflower soup recipe, soup recipe with cauliflower and turmeric, healing soup recipe