Warm Moroccan spices imbue this unique hummus with a wonderful chorus of flavour. Perfect as an appetizer at holiday gatherings.
- 3 cups cooked green lentils
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp hot sauce or harissa
- 1 tbsp chickpea miso or mellow white miso
Garnish: Extra virgin olive oil, pomegranate arils and chopped fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer into a serving dish and enjoy.
Leftovers keep in the refrigerator for one week.
This dip is slightly more runny than a typical hummus, since lentils have more water content. Just FYI!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan, Moroccan
Keywords: lentil dip, lentil hummus, moroccan appetizer, moroccan lentil dip, vegan appetizer ideas, moroccan vegan