A healthier indulgence, this chocolate chunk cookie pie is out of this world tasty, especially when topped with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream. It’s to pie for!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1 large organic egg (may use 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water) in its place)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup light/white spelt flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- Mix together the melted coconut oil, sunflower seed butter, egg, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and non-dairy milk together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oat flour, light spelt flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Mix in the chopped dark chocolate and pecans.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared ban and bake for 18 minutes. You don’t want to over bake, as part of the charm of this recipe is its slightly gooey interior.
- Let the cookie pie cool for five minutes before slicing into 8 wedges and enjoying with some vegan vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: healthy chocolate cookie pie, chocolate chunk cookie pie, chocolate pecan cookie, healthy chocolate pecan pie