These vegan chocolate pumpkin seed butter cups are totally scrumptious! Pumpkin seed butter, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice combine into a sweet chocolaty morsel that’ll leave you wanting another… and another… and another. These healthy treats are lightly sweetened with maple syrup and packed with iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips (55 percent cacao or higher)
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Stir together the pumpkin seed butter, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, oat flour, and salt in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Line a plate with parchment paper. Remove the bowl from the fridge and roll the pumpkin seed butter into 12-13 equal balls. Place on the lined plate and lightly flatten into 1-inch disks.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Line a muffin pan with 8-12 cups, depending on whether you are just making cups or if you want to make some pumpkin seed butter balls, too. I made 8 cups and 5 balls.
- Place 2 tsp of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Add a pumpkin seed butter disk to each and top each with 1 tsp melted chocolate.
- If you are making pumpkin seed butter balls as well, dip the each pumpkin seed butter disk directly into the remaining melted chocolate and return to the parchment paper lined plate.
- Place the muffin pan and plate (if making balls) in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Remove cups and balls from respective pan and plate and transfer into an airtight container. Store in the freezer.
I chose to make a combination of pumpkin seed butter cups and pumpkin seed butter balls. I ended up with 8 cups and 5 balls. If you want to make just cups or just balls, feel free to do so! You might end up needing to melt a bit more chocolate if you want to make 12 pumpkin seed butter cups.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Healthy snacks
Keywords: vegan pumpkin seed butter cups, vegan pumpkin chocolate cups, vegan pumpkin spice chocolate treats