This vegan banana peanut butter baked oatmeal is perfect for cozy fall and winter mornings. It’s great fresh out of the oven, and it can also be refrigerated for a few days.
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp of water)
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (sub 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips for a more indulgent option!
-Smooth natural peanut butter
-Pomegranate arils or berries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 8×8 or 9×9 inch glass baking dish.
- Prepare the flax egg in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter, milk, maple syrup or coconut sugar, vanilla, and flax egg; stir to combine.
- To the banana mixture, add the rolled oats, quick cooking oats, cinnamon, and baking powder. Stir to combine. Then fold in the blueberries or chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes before servings. If you serve it immediately, it will be pretty soft and porridge-like. I loved the texture, but if you are looking for a firmer texture, I would recommend refrigerating the cooled baked oatmeal for a few hours before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: peanut butter banana baked oatmeal, vegan baked oatmeal, vegan peanut butter banana baked oatmeal,