A Vegan Dirty Chai Latte made creamy and luxurious with coconut butter and almond butter, and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup!
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 chai tea bag (black or herbal: your choice)
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, hot, OR 2 shots of espresso
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tsp coconut butter*
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Bring the water to a boil in a small pot. Once boiling, remove from heat, add chai tea bag, and cover. Steep for five minutes and discard the tea bag.
- Meanwhile, brew coffee or espresso.
- Add the milk, coconut butter, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla to the chai tea. Warm over medium heat until hot.
- Add the coffee and the tea/milk mixture to a blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy.
*Coconut butter is a product made from the flesh of whole coconuts. It is not the same thing as coconut oil. However, if you do not have any coconut butter on hand, you can substitute an equal amount of virgin coconut oil or MCT oil.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: blend
Keywords: vegan dirty chai latte, dirty chai, vegan dirty chai, coconut butter chai latte