No need to be sad that the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks isn’t vegan when you can make this healthy, luscious one in five minutes. Packed with healthy fat and sweetened with a date, this vegan pumpkin spice latte provides some staying power.
- 1 cup strong coffee, hot
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp MCT oil or virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp sunflower seed butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- Prepare 1 cup / 250 mL of coffee using your preferred method (I like French press).
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, oil, sunflower seed butter, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and date over medium heat until steaming.
- Pour the coffee into your blender, followed by the warm milk mixture. Blend until smooth, creamy, and frothy. Pour into a mug and enjoy immediately.
If you don’t want to make pumpkin pie spice, I recommend using 365 Organic brand pumpkin pie spice. It can be difficult to find in stores, however, so making it is your best bet. It doesn’t take long, and a batch will last you several weeks.
- Category: Drinks
Keywords: healthy pumpkin spice latte recipe, MCT oil in coffee, MCT oil pumpkin spice latte, vegan pumpkin spice latte, dairy-free pumpkin spice latte