Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwich Cookies are an upgrade on the classic grade school lunch. Best with a cool glass of non-dairy milk for the ultimate snacking experience!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 8 tsp good quality raspberry jam (I used Crofters juice-sweetened organic raspberry jam)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flax and water in a large mixing bowl. Set aside for 3 minutes to gel.
- To the flax egg, add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and rolled oats.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until a dough forms. The dough should be stiff enough to roll into balls. If it is too runny, add a couple more tablespoons of oat flour; if it is too stiff, add a couple more tablespoons of milk.
- Roll the dough into 16 even balls and divide evenly between the two baking sheets. With slightly wet fingers, lightly flatten each dough ball into a circle, keeping in mind that they spread out while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, spoon 1 tsp of jam onto 8 cookies. Lightly press the remaining 8 cookies on top to form sandwiches.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the refrigerator for longer. The longer the cookies sit, the softer they become, becoming somewhat reminiscent of a Nutri Grain bar in texture! You can also freeze these cookies in an airtight container for later enjoyment.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan peanut butter and jam cookies, vegan peanut butter and jam sandwich cookies, oil-free peanut butter cookies, egg-free peanut butter cookies, peanut butter and jam cookies